Manage difficult conversations, achieve the best outcome
In any workplace, you need to communicate effectively when the stakes are high, opinions vary and emotions run strong.
This Physician Leadership Institute course, Crucial Conversations© by VitalSmarts©, is focused on teaching you persuasive conversation skills through interactive skills-based learning. You will acquire the conversation skills you need to achieve alignment and understanding on crucial matters through open dialogue.
Crucial Conversations© will help you develop the skills you need to manage conversations so that everyone involved feels heard, relationships are improved and hidden issues come to the surface.
This course is a prerequisite to the Crucial Accountability© course.
Expect to learn how to:
- identify the communication challenges health care teams face and acquire practical tools to deal with them;
- understand the roles you and others play in critical conversations;
- acquire and practise the skills to communicate with others about challenging issues in a way that builds trust or enhances your relationship with them; and
- recognize a crucial conversation or issue and learn how to work through it to find a resolution.
Who is this for?
- Physicians, physician leaders and health team members who want to increase their confidence dealing with conflict
- Those who want to develop conversation skills that build trust, alignment and understanding
- Anyone who wants to learn how to reduce and diffuse conflict through conversation
Feb. 25–26, 2021
10:30 am–5:30 pm ET each day
MD CCFP FCFP
Please note: you must have a cma.ca account to register and access our learning management system. Create an account (membership not required).
This course can be tailored and delivered in-house* to physicians and/or interdisciplinary teams in your organization, at your meeting or at your conference.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.