Access the latest advances in clinical knowledge.
Find answers to your critical questions faster so you can diagnose and treat patients efficiently. ClinicalKey is a clinical knowledge solution designed to help you find the right answers at the right time, every time, through a wide breadth and depth of trusted content. Access the latest evidence across 30+ specialties in a variety of formats, including full-text reference books and journals, point-of-care clinical overviews, drug information, videos, practice guidelines, customized patient education handouts and more.
Access to ClinicalKey is included in the cost of CMA membership and is valued at $1,248 USD* a year.
Not a CMA member? Join today.
*Represents the maximum cost of an annual personal subscription to a single ClinicalKey specialty package.
- Popular textbooks include Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice, Current Surgical Therapy, Miller's Anesthesia, and Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics
- Set email alerts and read Elsevier and other publishers’ full-text journals, including American Family Physician, The Lancet, Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and the Clinics Review Articles series (formerly known as Clinics of North America)
- Clinical overviews provide easy-to-scan, clinically-focused medical topic summaries
- Patient education customization allows you to add special instructions, contact information and choose text size for printing.
- Mobile optimization means ClinicalKey adapts to any mobile device so you can access all content — anytime, anywhere. Note: the ClinicalKey app is not currently available to CMA members.
- Presentation maker allows you to export images with citations to PowerPoint to share the latest medical and surgical information.
- Continuing professional development allows you earn 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for each search conducted through ClinicalKey.
An activated ClinicalKey Personal Account is required to acquire credits. Click “CME” under the hamburger menu in the top right-hand corner of ClinicalKey. Potential credits are tracked, and certificates can be printed.
The Elsevier Office of Continuing Medical Education (EOCME) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The EOCME designates this Internet point-of-care activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for each search conducted through ClinicalKey. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The College of Family Physicians Canada’s Mainpro+ User manual establishes that AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ can be converted to Mainpro+ credits as per the process described in this PDF guide.
RCPSC members can record activities as “bulk individual reading” under Section 2: Self-Learning Activities for 0.5 credits per activity.
Activate your account for full access
Activate your ClinicalKey account for access to your search history, saved content, new journal issue alerts, book PDFs, the presentation maker, CPD credits and tracking and other personalization features.
- In ClinicalKey, click the “Activate” link under the hamburger menu at the top right of the screen.
- Enter your name and email address and accept the registered user agreement.
- You’re done! You should now see your name at the top right of the screen.
Have questions or need support? Ask a Librarian
“ClinicalKey has become an essential complement to DynaMed and UpToDate when I am at my patient's bedside”
— Dr. Pierre Harvey, CMA Member