CPS online and RxTx Mobile app
Convenient and current source for drug information
The CPS offers unparalleled, comprehensive, Canadian-specific content in both official languages. You can always trust CPS to be current and easy to access.
The CPS offers a compilation of 2000+Canadian product monographs for drugs, vaccines and natural health products that are developed by manufacturers, approved by Health Canada and optimized by CPhA editors.
Access to the Canadian Pharmacists Association’s Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS) is included in the cost of CMA membership and is valued at over $500 a year.
- Updated weekly
- Content available in English and French
- Health Canada advisories (posted online within 48 hours)
- Interactive medical calculators
RxTx Mobile app
The app includes the CPS (Rx) features listed above plus:
- Bonus subscription to Drug Choices (DC) content: Drug tables formatted for quick access to dose, adverse effects, drug interactions and relative costs for recommended therapies for each condition
- Available on iOS and Android devices
- Available offline*
- Ability to add notes/Favourite content
- Available to all CMA members
*Internet connection is required only when installing, updating or using certain Internet dependent features such as downloading new Health Canada Advisories and accessing product images.
cma.ca account required. Register now
The online CPS includes the CPS (Rx) features listed above plus:
- Health Canada advisories linked to monographs
- Full listing of Health Canada Warnings and Recalls
- Manufacturers directory linked to monographs
- What’s New listing and Monograph Updates Table
- Product images linked to monographs
- Public Drug Programs
- Printable patient information
- Advanced search
- Clin-Info (e.g. drugs of choice during pregnancy and breastfeeding, drug-food interactions, lab values)
- Product Identification tool (Drug ID)
- Drug Regulatory and Monitoring Programs’ Reporting and Request Forms
Note: Not available to students. Students can access the RxTx Mobile app or may have access to the online version through their medical school library.
Not a member?
“Prescribing information changes rapidly in today's world. Staying aware and providing the best medication for the patient in front of you can be a real challenge. The CPS on the RxTx mobile app makes it easier and faster to make the right choice throughout a busy day in clinic.”