The Canadian standard for drug and therapeutic information
The Canadian Pharmacists Association’s digital resources have been simplified. Access essential drug information and unbiased practical information on hundreds of medical conditions through either of our two subscription options — CPS Drug Information and CPS Full Access — whether on your desktop or through the CPS mobile app on iOS or Android.
Access to the Canadian Pharmacists Association’s CPS Full Access* is included in the cost of CMA membership for a limited time and is valued at over $700 a year.
CPS Drug Information:
- Content updated weekly
- Available in English and French
- Critical updates such as Health Canada advisories, warnings, recalls and drug shortages (directly from drugshortages.ca)
- Useful tools such as medical calculators, Clin-Info, Pill Identifier and Lexi-Interact drug interaction checker
- Contains thousands of products including monographs for drugs, vaccines, natural health products and medical devices, approved by Health Canada
*CPS Full Access (included in CMA membership until January 2022):
Includes all content and features from CPS Drug Information PLUS current, evidence-based therapeutic information and non-prescription therapy for most common conditions, with cross-referenced drug tables and algorithms.
CPS mobile app
The app includes the features and content listed above plus:
- Bonus subscription to Drug Choices content: drug tables formatted for quick access to dose, adverse effects, drug interactions and relative costs for recommended therapies for each condition
- Available on iOS and Android devices
- Available offline*
- Ability to add notes/favourite content to monographs
*An Internet connection is required only when installing, updating or using certain Internet-dependent features such as downloading new Health Canada advisories and accessing product images.
CPS web access
CPS accessible through the web on your desktop includes the features listed above plus:
- Lexi-Interact drug interaction checker
- CPS Notifications including drug shortage information directly from drugshortages.ca linked to monographs
- Manufacturers directory linked to monographs
- What’s New listing and Monograph Updates Table
- Public drug programs
- Printable patient information
- Advanced search
- Clin-Info (e.g., drugs of choice during pregnancy and breastfeeding, drug–food interactions, lab values)
- Drug regulatory and monitoring programs’ reporting and request forms